Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bondi Beach - on a Sunday

Another day of rain and overcast in Sydney....but I might add the temperatures have been in the 70's during the day...so shorts and sandals are still in order.  I have acclimated to the weather very quickly...well who would not..right!!

Okay off to Bondi....here is the Post in Bondi which is the mail delivery system for Australia.  I might add that in the Post you can buy books, cards, seasonal wrapping paper, xerox services, as well as all the mail delivery system ingredients.


Bondi Beach is like a suburb of Sydney....a mere 25 minutes driving from downtown Sydney.  It is well known for it's beautiful beach areas as well as great surfing.....





So as you can see....even on a cloudy and intermittent rain the beach is still a beautiful place and one that attacks the hearty surfer/beach goer.

There are many homes in the hills around Bondi Beach that have million dollar views.....for example...



So as you can see the day was not a total washout....the beauty of Bondi Beach and Sydney are still out there.  I will leave Sydney tomorrow and return on March 1st....I will be heading to New Zealand to visit a week in each of the North and South Islands.   A lot of good photo opportunities should be waiting for me.  But I leave you today with this little guy who came up to me today in Hyde Park across from my hotel....



2 comments: