Thursday, April 21, 2011

The City of Edinburgh

I wasted no time getting into finding out about Edinburgh.  I checked in at Channings Hotel (a lovely place - I could move in here tomorrow)  and then was out to see the city.  Here is how I found it that first day....

A city of statutes....like Sir Livingstone....Scott....Taylor.....




and a city of  clocks....






but...the Edinburgh Castle is the site to see....





The Scottish Parliament....a modern design building in which a Madrid Architect won the design price...have a look...



Plus a cool bicycle rack....I guess everyone coming to Parliament does not have a Bentley or Rolls...


But someone who does is The Queen....she probably has two or three Bentleys and Rolls.  And when she does travel to Edinburgh.. she does stays is this simple home....The Place of Holyrood....








Easter is approaching and here is a beautiful dark purple tulip that I found in the gardens at the Palace of Holyrood....



And they do fly the flag of Scotland (well one of them...the other is blue and white)....but not the Royal flag to identify that a member of the Royal family is in residence, and that is for security reasons.


Also, while there were no "bearskin fur" hats of the Palace guard in site...there were a number of persons in this "scottish" Tartan Trews....


Next up....OMG...who took that picture?


Yes, I did take that picture myself...it is a reflection from a glass window...I hate using pictures which I have to "buy" and import into my album or blog - yuck!!

Okay...could someone please help this chap find the nearest Wal-Mart?



Okay...back on track...well...just a couple more diversions....how about my new eatery?


and my new pub.....


As you can see I am up to no good today...


Enough already....let's get back to the beauty of Edinburgh....like the quaint streets and sites ...








What would a visit to Scotland be without a Scotsman in Kilt and his bagpipe?


So...I leave this blog page today with this photo....food for thought....


No comments:

Post a Comment