Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dubai - Part IV - the MALL

Okay...I am going to finish up in Dubai and UAE with some photos from the Mall.  I know...I know...you are maybe expecting some of those candid shots from Wal-mart...well it "ain't" goin happen...we did see one...but good gravy taking a photo would not even do seeing it in person justice.

The mall in this part of the world...is spectacular....a meeting place...a "Sunday in the Park"....and they are huge here....the largest...the Dubai Mall has well...over 1,200 stores... with aquarium..waterfall..ice rink....

Take a look at the aquarium...


How about the water fall...with divers no less....



An ice rink...oh yeah....


Next up the Mall of the Emirates.    Now...remember....we are inside a "mall"... it has Ski Dubai...indoor ski slope!! I must admit it is not just a ski slope...however it has is complete with chair lift...and a huge downhill area...there is an also area for sledding...one for snow board...one for getting into a huge clear balloon and being rolled down the hill...all this in one area. Here is the "snow village"




Now these people that are participating...have to rent snow suits...skis and all other tools for this kind of weather...since outside the mall it is probably 90 degrees and clouds in the sky are maybe one every 3 or 4 months.....so look at the balloon first...Keaton all for you man...this is a little kid  - maybe 4 or 5 inside this going down the hill...when he got to the bottom he jumped out...ran back up the hill to get in line to do it again!




The ski slope.....check out the chair lifts are on the left side of the picture....just look at this baby....





I just thought this was a the coolest ever....please put Dubai on your bucket list....it is truly amazing!!

Tomorrow I am off to London...where I begin my final month of RTW-Part I touring the United Kingdom....see you in the UK!!

2 comments:

  1. More info on the divers please. This looks crazy and I want to roll down the hill in the big ball. I may get sick though=test roll first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look real....but those are all statutes....I am happy when you looked at the photo that you saw that...because when I first saw them I thought the same thing...they are so real!! Now the big ball...is only for kids...no adults and there is a size restriction...so big boys and girls are not allowed - they have to ski down the hill!!!!!

    ReplyDelete