Friday, April 1, 2011

The Streets of Bangkok....

Okay....as promised....I take to the streets.  Really, I don't have to go too far to catch some of these photos...I tried to get a little variety.  The vendors on the street are very plentiful.  I mean there are in a space of 50 feet....5 to 6 vendors...sometimes more.  They sell and hawk everything...it is also ironic to me...often they will be in front of another store almost hiding the store behind them which seems to be a legitimate business with air conditioning etc...and here they are on the sidewalk.  Fear not...I do not believe they have a rule or law on how far you can go on the sidewalk.  And, there seems to be no rule on the number of tables you can place for outdoor seating.  Okay let's go...first off...some of the more unusual "shops"...i.e, key making and shoe repair....




How about having those pants cuffed or skirt hemmed....with an on the spot seamstress....


Food...is the mainstay of the street vendors....I mean I saw so many different things...I could not even believe to tell you what any of it was...I have some ideas...but will let the food speak for itself.  For example a number of things come on the stick....



Oh....something from home....how about "Popeyes"??


For some reason I just don't think this is the 'real deal'!!  How about a table for two.....curb...I mean alley side?


For me....the vegetables and fruit were most awesome....I did purchase some oranges....they were green with very soft skin....and as sweet as you can imagine....delicious!!


Bananas on the grill?  How about some sweet corn?  Then the last picture in this set is a HUGE fruit...I have no idea what it is...but it looks like pineapple...and was being prepared very much like pineapple.




Flowers anyone....these are used for the temple and to adorn the various shrines/temple areas...


Finally......the numbers people....they are everywhere...it looks like the lotto...and seems to be the thing to do...but a strip of numbers....I did not purchase any...for fear I would win!!!


Okay...hope you enjoyed that little walk down Silom Rd here in Bangkok..

No comments:

Post a Comment