Thursday, April 21, 2011

On the rail from York to Edinburgh

The journey from York to Edinburgh takes about 2 hours 20 minutes with one change of trains...on the same platform...so an easy transfer.

Leaving York,  I will give you another look inside this historic rail station....almost 150 years on this spot...



Now....I have to confess....the train is moving...I mean really moving....the exact speed I would have no idea....but let's just say - way faster than any Amtrak train if you have ever traveled on it.  Therefore a lot of these photographs are from towns I do not know the name....since the train was traveling so fast and there was only one stop!!  So why not just enjoy the beauty of what I saw along the way...promise you will not be disappointed...


A little county estate...maybe???


And...the bridges....all unique...all so statuesque.....this first photo is really a 2 for 1....both the blue bridge in the foreground and the arch bridge in the background....


and then more.....




Oh....and the ocean....the train heading North from Peterborough (this is where I had to change trains coming from York) comes up the East Coast of Scotland....




Well....just a couple more shots before arriving in Edinburgh.....first another of those beautiful country homes (castles?....palaces?....estates?)


and, a church as we fly trough another town....


Next up...Edinburgh, Scotland.....I can't wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment