Friday, March 18, 2011

Monday - March 14th....Evandale to Cradle Mountain....Lemonthyme Lodge!!


The highlights from today will come from where I stayed....now this is not in any way to diminish the visit to the historic town of Evandale....where I found a great cool antique store...and where Georgian homes were in abundance....but the overnight accommodations at Lemonthyme Lodge was awesome!!

Here we have the map with my key to the "All Nations" cabin...sort of a unique way of directing you to your room!!





And....this was my room....



Here is the outside of my "All Nations" cabin.....yummy...


And believe me when I say that at dark this is one precarious walk to your room....nothing like walking down the hall of the "W"....but....once you get there...your own fireplace...unbelievable view....and dinner at the lodge with a nightly show!!  Opps...forgot to tell you no internet...television...or telephone...yeah you heard me.



The Lodge is the largest log cabin in the Southern Hemisphere......




After dinner...we are treated for a nightly show.....not a stand-up comedy act....or band singer...but an animal act....wild (well sort of....)  Wallaby and Possum...First the Wallaby - they are the ones like kangaroo but much smaller....



...then the possum....check out that beautiful tail....


Quite the show....well then it is back to the cabin for the night with a fire to keep me warm for the night....all this in Moina Tasmania, Australia


No comments:

Post a Comment