Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tasmania - Touring the city of Hobart and Botanical Gardens


I arrived in Hobart Tasmania and found I was staying in the oldest hotel in Hobart...dating back to 1836. It was very quaint and was quite regal in the room furnishings...take a look...



So after lunch I began a tour of the city...and found a beautiful botanical garden...along with some very historic buildings dating back to when Hobart was first settled as a British colony so that the French would not take it for themselves!!...  First a picture of the city with the harbour outlining the city of some 200,000,,,,


Then a picture of Mt. Wellington....hidden by clouds....the temperature is quite cool and Mt. Wellington is often in the clouds....but later I will try and get a better shot...


And as I make my way to the Botanical Gardens we pass but one example of the quaint homes here in Hobart...


The garden was highlighted by such beautiful flowers....just look at these babies...



The Japanese Gardens were wonderful....look at these shots of the garden and waterfall....



The entrance to the garden was quite charming and look at this water mill.....



Okay...I will leave you today with this shot of me in the garden...and for some reason I seem to be secondary to the garden behind me.....you can tell I should clearly be in the center...LOL!!!

Okay....tomorrow it is a day trip to Port Arthur....when I was in Tasmania several years ago I found Port Arthur to be one of he highlights of my whole trip to Australia/New Zealand....when you see the pictures  you will understand why....

No comments:

Post a Comment