Monday, March 28, 2011

"Oh Happy Day....Oh Happy Day..."

Bobby has moved his hotel location in Phuket!!  I was at the Bamboo Club and have moved to the Holiday Inn Resort.  The Resort is just across from the beach and covers about 4 city blocks in the Patong Beach area of Phuket.    And, I want to say I am now one happy camper...especially since I am here for another 7 days.  Why is that...okay let me explain...

At the Bamboo Club there are no lifts so my cabin was 4 floors down and then 4 floors up each time I went to the restaurant or left the property.  The property is nestled in the hills over the Patong Beach area.  So it is isolated and there are no other restaurants other than the hotel property.  Leaving the property is only by motor bike (not me!!) or taxi or "tuk tuks"(these are little trucks where you sit on bench seats in the back).  I was getting claustrophobic...and decided I needed to move to something else.  I found the Holiday Inn Resort offered me space for the same price...I was there...NOW!!

I left this morning...and I was greeted over night by just one more reason why I needed to move....the power went out...yeah...like no air conditioning...and it is in the 80's and very humid from all the continual rain.  I found out that a bamboo fell over the lines and blew the transformer....I suspected such because in the middle of the night there was a huge explosion.  When I left the hotel at 11:30 this morning...still no power.

Here is a look at the pole outside the hotel....PEPCO would have a field day with this....



Unreal...yes??  Let me give you a closer look of this....


Well....all that behind me...let me show you where I am now....(Hotel Heaven)...









Cool digs huh?  Plus I now have 5 restaurants...and 4 swimming pools...with 2 pools dedicated to the Busakorn Wing where I am located....here is the pool outside my balcony...



Aaaah yes....so tonight I dined on the fresh catch of the day....Grilled White Snapper...with baked potato and 2 glasses of wine...all for $21....oh how I love this Thai dollar compared to US dollar.

And the rain?  Still here..still off and on all day...and the forcast is the same till maybe Friday...well I can deal with it much better now!

3 comments:

  1. Ahh..looks like heaven, who cares about the rain..it can't rain all 7 days! Good choice! Looks like they use the same electricians that they do in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, that ain't no Holiday Inn around here!!! Love the pool very nice! Too bad about the rain. I guess you'll have to keep yourself occupied like you did during all the rain in Bangkok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks as though you are living well now, rain go away for Bobby. Lets hope there are no more earthquakes chasing you for now. Enjoy your down time before the big wedding of P W.

    ReplyDelete